Fatawu Issahaku joins Leicester City on loan from Sporting Lisbon.


Leicester City has secured the services of Black Stars forward Abdul Fatawu Issahaku on a season-long loan from Portuguese club Sporting CP. The 19-year-old Issahaku is set to be part of Enzo Maresca’s squad for the 2023/24 Sky Bet Championship season, as Leicester aims to quickly regain its position in the English Premier League.


Having transitioned from Sporting to England, Abdul Fatawu expressed his delight about joining the club this season. He shared, "I am absolutely thrilled. This is a remarkable moment for me, and I am genuinely excited to be here. When I evaluated Leicester and my impressions of the coach, I realized that this is the ideal place for me."


He continued, "This particular juncture felt perfect for me to join Leicester. I made this choice because I believe they can nurture my growth and assist me in reaching a higher level of maturity. [Enzo Maresca] discussed his plans for my development and how he envisions my playing style – his approach to elevating my football abilities."


Abdul Fatawu's impressive performances for Steadfast FC earned him a loan opportunity at Ghanaian Premier Division team Dreams FC in October 2021, where he maintained his exceptional form before transitioning to Sporting Lisbon in April 2022.


Making his senior debut for Sporting CP against Rio Ave in August 2022, he subsequently featured in their UEFA Champions League campaign during the previous season.


Notably, his prowess was not confined to club football. In March 2021, he achieved international triumph by contributing to Ghana’s Under-20 team winning the Africa Under-20 Cup of Nations, where he garnered the title of player of the tournament.


Having also made his mark on the senior stage, he has represented his nation in 14 matches and participated in the FIFA World Cup held in Qatar the previous year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex worker killed by tipper truck while demanding GHS80 fee from ‘client’

Mr. LIFESON, The Most Outstanding Tutor.

CETAG Opposes Proposal to Abolish Licensure Exams for Teacher Trainees